Frequently Asked Questions

How to get new water and sewer connection?   Top
Application forms are available at all sub-divisional offices of WASA. Read More     
How to pay the water bill?   Top
You may pay you water bills at the cash counter of in the following banks:    
  • NADRA Kiosk Center
  • General Post Office
  • Allied Bank Limited
  • National Bank of Pakistan
  • Bank of Punjab
  • Bank Alfalah Limited
  • Bank Al Habib Limited
  • Dawood Islamic Bank
  • Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited
How to change the classification of connection?   Top
In order to change the connection category, the consumer should send a written application to Deputy Director Revenue Office of the respective area.    
Will WASA accept part payment of dues?   Top
The part payment of water and sewerage bills are accepted on revised assessment, after the property owner sends an appeal to the related Revenue Office.    
What to do in case of repair of defective meters?   Top
The consumer has to send a written application to the concerned Revenue Office informing about the repair of the meter along with a payed challan for meter testing. The charges for meter testing depend on the size of meter.
If the meter is found defective, on the orders of the Revenue Office, a new meter is installed by WASA engineer. As the meter is the property of consumer, the consumer has to pay for the new meter as well.
How does WASA assess the dues if meter is faulty?   Top
The demand will be raised based on your average consumption of previous six months.    
Does WASA treat ground water or water from wells?   Top
Yes, ground water or water extracted from wells is a major source of water for WASA. Treatment processes for well water involves chlorination and sometimes filtration.    
Why is the water sometimes white?   Top
Contrary to popular belief, water supply that appears cloudy is not due to excess chlorine in the water but rather due to air that is trapped in the water pipes.    
How to change the consumer name on the water bill?   Top
For change of name, the applicant will have to submit the following documents:
  • Attested photocopy of sale deed in favor of applicant
  • Attested photocopy of CNIC
  • Photocopy of the last paid bill

In case the sale deed is registered in favor of more than one person, attested affidavit from the others in favor of the applicant must be given along with their CNIC copy. If the property involves 3 parties since the installation of water connection, then the third sale deed copy is also included otherwise an affidavit from the applicant as an undertaking must be obtained in the best interest of WASA.