WASA is responsible for planning, designing and construction of water supply, sewerage & drainage facilities for:
- Rehabilitation and augmentation of the existing system.
- Operation and maintenance of water supply, sewerage & drainage system.
- Billing and collection of all rates, fees and charges for the services provided to its consumer.
- Undertaking bulk production, filtration/treatment, transmission and retail distribution purifying of water.
- Collection, pumping, treatment & disposal of sewage & industrial waste.
- Enforcement against defaulters and unauthorized connections etc.
- Short term and long term planning for tapping additional water sources & its implementation to meet water supply and sewerage demand projected.